For someone to be properly equipped to function in a totally different context, they first of all need to know how to function in the context most familiar to them. Before people can understand another worldview and help others to apply Truth, they need to first have the light of God’s Word shape their own thinking.
Connect equips participants for:
- The roles directly involved in church planting such as teaching God’s Word, discipling believers, translating, writing Bible resources and developing literacy programs.
- Building relationships, encouraging interest in God’s Word, teaching groups of seekers, helping converts come together as communities of faith, teaching them on to maturity and providing them with the resources they need to fill God’s intentions for them.
- Living in communities around the world with the least access to God’s Word because of geographic, cultural, linguistic, religious or political obstacles.
Connect helps participants be prepared to:
- Value the diversity of people, cultures, languages, food, places, transportation, etc.
- Live in whatever situation will allow them to contribute most effectively to the things God has been doing and intends to do.
- Be ‘light on their feet’ in terms of life-style and amount of possessions.
- Constantly evaluate personal preferences in light of the things they are coming to understand about God’s priorities.
- Work on multi-cultural church planting teams made up of ex-pats and locals with a wide variety of varying education levels and living standards.
Director of Training
At Connect we believe that making disciples is best done with global awareness of all the nations of the world. The heart of Jesus is always for the least, the last and lost – We share that passion.
Our aim is to Connect your learning with your future cross-cultural ministry while staying connected to your local church.
We believe it is in the context of the local church that Connect participants have the best opportunity to put their knowledge and skills to use, while taking advantage of local cross-cultural ministry opportunities. Together with the local church and the participant’s local community, Connect participants are encouraged to use their knowledge and skills in the world they live in.
Connect participants learn in an adult learning environment by being part of our Connect online community. At your own pace, you will complete tutorials including discussion questions and activities. All tutorials are delivered with the choice of video, audio and written materials to allow you to learn “anywhere”. You will be partnered with a Module Mentor, who is a subject expert, and will personally mentor you through each tutorial until you complete each module.
In addition to the Connect online community we believe it’s important to come together as cross-cultural learners. So, every three months we gather together in Sydney for our Connect Workshops to continue our learning from experienced Cross-Cultural Workers and to encourage each other in God’s Global Mission and our place in it.
If you need a flexible training program so you can find your fit in The Great Commission, just head over to the Apply page, send me an email, and maybe we’ll get together to chat over a coffee.
The Connect Team
With field experience, passion for the unreached, and a love for God these people will mentor you through the different modules of the program
Brad graduated Commonwealth Bible College, (Dip. Min.) and served in pastoral ministry in Cairns and Adelaide, Australia. Brad has also spent many years working in Law Enforcement.